Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Tessa Gray
    Brad Waid Keynote: A look at emerging technology, gaming and digital citizenship
    12 September
    Public discussion Created by Tessa Gray

Virtual reality We're pretty excited with the keynote speakers at uLearn this year. For example, Brad Waid is going to be talking about emerging technologies; what is here and what is coming, the power of gaming in education and more in his keynote on, Engaging the globally connected student of today: A look at emerging technology, gaming and digital citizenship (Learning digitally/Te ako ā-matihiko)

With progressive developments in online courses (MOOCs), networked gaming and virtual reality tools we might ask ourselves, how can these connected digital opportunities provide rich learning opportunities for our students beyond the classroom? Want to know more?

We'd love to hear your views and your wonderings. If you have any questions for Brad Waid, please feel free to add those in the comments section below, and we’ll invite Brad to join us in these discussions online.

image source CC.

Thanks Becky-looking forward to catching up with you all up there and seeing Brad again. The Shakespeare to Star Wars workshop seems particularly appealing, so I hope you do get time to sneak in :)

- By Ali Hughes
      • Ali Hughes
        By Ali Hughes
        Sep 14

Thanks Becky-looking forward to catching up with you all up there and seeing Brad again. The Shakespeare to Star Wars workshop seems particularly appealing, so I hope you do get time to sneak in :)

• Becky Hare
          By Becky Hare
          Sep 14

Hey Ali, so glad you're coming to uLearn!!

We're keeping Brad busy with two additional workshops as well. In case you haven't seen them folks, they're filling fast! 
          Breakout 3: Augmented Reality, emerging technology and the future of learning
          Breakout 7: From Shakespeare to Star Wars – Coding and storytelling tools

The only down side of being an event manager is that I don't get to sit in on breakouts for long....if it's all quiet by Breakout 7, you just might find me perched in the back corner. Sssshhh, don't tell anyone!

• Ali Hughes
            By Ali Hughes
            Sep 12

I saw Brad Waid speak at ISTE last year and he was great. I am coming to Ulearn especially to hear him and Abdul Chohan speak and am excited to get a  chance to hear Brad's enthusiasm for new technology again.

Latest news
          • Connected Educator Update September 2017
            Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome to the very first pānui for Connected Educator New Zealand.    What's new? This year Connected Educator Aotearoa New Zealand (CENZ) is back and bigger than ever, as a year-long event. What is Connected Educator New...
          • CORE Ten Trends
            CORE Ten Trends
            Join us at 4pm on Monday 4 September for a Facebook Live session with Derek Wenmoth as he introduces us to the first in a series of CORE Ten Trends session. This Monday Derek will focus on The Cultural Trends, Learner Agency and Artificial Intelligence!   You may wish to download...
          • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Mahuru 2017
            Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Mahuru 2017
            Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome to the very first pānui for edSpace mō te marama Mahuru and the first day of Spring! This is our monthly round-up celebrating your kōrero (voice), your whakaaro (ideas), your ako (learning). edSpace is very new and still in it's...
          Event calendar