Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Tessa Gray
    Brad Waid Keynote: A look at emerging technology, gaming and digital citizenship
    12 September
    Public discussion Created by Tessa Gray

Virtual reality We're pretty excited with the keynote speakers at uLearn this year. For example, Brad Waid is going to be talking about emerging technologies; what is here and what is coming, the power of gaming in education and more in his keynote on, Engaging the globally connected student of today: A look at emerging technology, gaming and digital citizenship (Learning digitally/Te ako ā-matihiko)

With progressive developments in online courses (MOOCs), networked gaming and virtual reality tools we might ask ourselves, how can these connected digital opportunities provide rich learning opportunities for our students beyond the classroom? Want to know more?

We'd love to hear your views and your wonderings. If you have any questions for Brad Waid, please feel free to add those in the comments section below, and we’ll invite Brad to join us in these discussions online.

image source CC.

Thanks Becky-looking forward to catching up with you all up there and seeing Brad again. The Shakespeare to Star Wars workshop seems particularly appealing, so I hope you do get time to sneak in :)

- By Ali Hughes
      • Ali Hughes
        By Ali Hughes
        Sep 14

Thanks Becky-looking forward to catching up with you all up there and seeing Brad again. The Shakespeare to Star Wars workshop seems particularly appealing, so I hope you do get time to sneak in :)

• Becky Hare
          By Becky Hare
          Sep 14

Hey Ali, so glad you're coming to uLearn!!

We're keeping Brad busy with two additional workshops as well. In case you haven't seen them folks, they're filling fast! 
          Breakout 3: Augmented Reality, emerging technology and the future of learning
          Breakout 7: From Shakespeare to Star Wars – Coding and storytelling tools

The only down side of being an event manager is that I don't get to sit in on breakouts for long....if it's all quiet by Breakout 7, you just might find me perched in the back corner. Sssshhh, don't tell anyone!

• Ali Hughes
            By Ali Hughes
            Sep 12

I saw Brad Waid speak at ISTE last year and he was great. I am coming to Ulearn especially to hear him and Abdul Chohan speak and am excited to get a  chance to hear Brad's enthusiasm for new technology again.

Latest news
          • LIVE WEBINAR: Facilitating groups in edSpace
            LIVE WEBINAR: Facilitating groups in edSpace
            LIVE WEBINAR: Facilitating groups in edSpace, 22 November, 3.45pm - 4.45pm   So you want to create or build a community group in edSpace? That’s great news! You’ve got an audience in mind - mentees, colleagues, school or learning community (CoL) and...
          • Congratulations to CORE’s 2018 grants recipients!
            Congratulations to CORE’s 2018 grants recipients!
            Congratulations to CORE’s 2018 grants recipients! We are very excited to be able to support all these amazing projects! Dr Vince Ham eFellowship: - Julia Bevin, Paekakariki School - Hingangaroa Smith, Te Kura Māori o Porirua - Jacqueline Yoder, Linwood College - Bevan Holloway,...
          • Keynote video presentations
            Keynote video presentations
            We're bringing you the full uLearn17 keynote presentations as they become available via EDtalks. Why not share them with your staff and colleagues, or blog about them and share the messages wider... http://edspace.org.nz/pages/view/28770/keynote-video-presentations  
          Event calendar