Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Nicki Tempero
    How are you using Seesaw in your school?
    23 November
    Public discussion Created by Nicki Tempero

Many teachers are asking about how schools, teachers and teams are implementing Seesaw into their programmes. How are you integrating Seesaw into your programme and what tips and tricks have you got to share?

Nicki

Hi Viv

thanks for joining in... 

I completely agree that the teaching and modelling is so important when blogging to encourage parents and whanau to join in. Its generally easy to get verbal feedback from parents, the hard part is encouraging them to write a comment on the posts. Taking away the barriers is a start.

Linda Yollis blogs were my go to place for blogging info and ideas when I was blogging with my class, clever person !

:)

- By Nicki Tempero
      • Nicki Tempero
        By Nicki Tempero
        Feb 13

Hi Viv

thanks for joining in... 

I completely agree that the teaching and modelling is so important when blogging to encourage parents and whanau to join in. Its generally easy to get verbal feedback from parents, the hard part is encouraging them to write a comment on the posts. Taking away the barriers is a start.

Linda Yollis blogs were my go to place for blogging info and ideas when I was blogging with my class, clever person !

:)

• CORE Education
          By CORE Education
          Feb 13

There's some great sharing here thank you all. You might also like to share the following resource with your friends and colleagues: 

Enhancing homeschool partnerships with Seesaw: listen to the podcast & register for the online workshop to learn how to use Seesaw to support learners & engage whānau http://ow.ly/8cZ530gHRck 

• Viv Hall
            By Viv Hall
            Feb 13

Kia Ora

I've been stalking in the discussion and playing catch up.  The ponderings around commenting, and quality are pretty similar to blog comments.

I found Silva Tolisano's suggestions really valuable when I was starting student's blogging. http://langwitches.org/blog/2008/12/25/blogging-lesson-plan-commenting/

Teaching/modelling in the case of parents and whānau is important and sharing a list is a great idea Nicki.  Linda Yollis ( American teacher) had her students create a video on how to comment.  Anyone seen anything like this here?  http://yollisclassblog.blogspot.co.nz/2010/10/how-to-compose-quality-comment.html

• Alwyn
              By Alwyn
              Feb 11

Hi Alannah. Yes you can share the poetry item. 

• Allanah King
                By Allanah King
                Feb 11

Hi Alwyn 

I love your poetry idea- I scanned the code and it worked too- very cool. I am giving a talk to some teachers this week and wondered if I might please share the poetry idea and image with them?

• Alwyn
                  By Alwyn
                  Feb 8

A teacher in America asked for teacher across the world to create these non fiction task cards. I think about 50 different teachers participated and we have this fantastic resource for our classroom. Can share task cards if you are interested. This was a fun activity to participate in as a teacher.

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 10.06.01 PM.png

• Alwyn
                    By Alwyn
                    Feb 8

Hi Alannah 

I created these by using the QR code function in Seesaw and the students just scan them using the camera function and it takes them to the poem in Seesaw. You can scan code and listen. I have a whole set made up. The students made them in a lesson when we were learning about Seesaw.

IMG_D66CB671877F-1.jpg

• Nicki Tempero
                      By Nicki Tempero
                      Feb 7

Hi Alwyn

Love the idea!  So important to share with the other students and Im sure the parents love it as well. Do you have other classes in your school using Seesaw?

• Allanah King
                        By Allanah King
                        Feb 7

This a great idea Alwyn

I was wondering how the children then access the QR code of the reading of the poem.

Is it a wall display or do you have the poems on cards.

I would love  photo of how you share the QR codes.

• Alwyn
                          By Alwyn
                          Feb 6

I love using seesaw. I have used word family poems. The students all read different poems and we then create a qr code to go with the poem. This then becomes part of a listening and reading centre in the classroom. Students love hearing themselves and other classmates read poems. 

Latest news
                        • Treaty Talks
                          Treaty Talks
                          As Waitangi Day commemorations approach, it's important to reflect on what this day means to us in Aotearoa New Zealand. This week, we'll be bringing you Treaty Talks, a kete of valuable blogs and resources, looking at culture, identity and language, with a particular focus on Te Tiriti o...
                        • Ki te Ao | February
                          Ki te Ao | February
                          Grab a cuppa and have a read of our first newsletter for the year for handy information about the Educator's Wellbeing Toolkit, Waitangi Day activities and more http://bit.ly/2GyaQro
                        • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Hui-Tanguru 2018
                          Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Hui-Tanguru 2018
                          Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome back to the New Year, school and our edSpace pānui mō te marama Hui-Tanguru, our monthly round-up for February 2018. At a quick glance, there are: 1501 edSpace members, 645 users in edSpace last week alone 181,384 page views since July...
                        Event calendar