Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Tessa Gray
    One tip a week
    21 July
    Public discussion Created by Tessa Gray

Kia ora te whānau, as we're all new to this space, I thought I'd add one top tip a week - to help you get the most out of edSpace as an online professional community.

Tip #1:

Grey faceComplete your profile. If your profile is complete - with first and last name, details and an image this will enable others to connect with you more easily.  Once you've done this, sit back and watch the friend requests roll in!

#Tip 14

If you own a group, how frequently do you engage with your participants and do they have the information on how to be a good participant?

For example:

• Do they know what a good participation looks like? ie: Open to sharing information about themselves, asking questions, offering support for others, sharing resources, delving deeper into discussions.
    • Do they know they don't need to be an expert to participate?
    • Do they know what 'tone' to use when they participate?
    • Do they know how long a post should be, to self-disclose information about themselves and reveal their emotional state when they ask a question?
    • Do they know how to share rich resources and embed content?
    • Do they know good questions are better than good answers?
    • Do they know the 20% of topics which account for 80% of discussions?
    • Do they know who’s in charge and who to contact for help?
    • Do they know who else to connect with, that will help them with their learning or mahi?
    • Do they know what fun in learning looks like?

If the answer is no or you want to know more,  then feel free to make contact me and we can co-construct a strategy that works best for you as a community group manager. smiley

- By Tessa Gray
      • Tessa Gray
        By Tessa Gray
        Aug 25

Add friend# Tip 5

The easiest way to build a network and let others know what's going on, is to 'friend them'.

Either search for a friend by name or go to Menu bar, scroll down to Huānaga (members), choose who you'd like to friend, hover over their face and Add friend.

Now you can invite your friends into groups and they'll be notified each time you post content (if they have clicked to receive email notifications from groups and friends in their Settings).

• Tessa Gray
          By Tessa Gray
          Aug 18

NotificationsSettings#Tip 4

To keep on top of all the activity in your groups, check out the notifications at the top of your edSpace pages. 

To be kept up-to-date with group and friends activity, go to your profile picture in the top right-hand corner, scroll down to Settings and click on the notifications to select email notifications for group and friends activity.

Group notifications

• Tessa Gray
            By Tessa Gray
            Aug 7

Adding a friend# Tip 3

Interested in what everyone else is interested in?  

Then why not find some like-minded colleagues and friends, hover the mouse over their name, click on the little down-facing triangle and add them as a friend.

Having friends means you can see what ngā rōpū (groups) they belong to, who they are friends with and what comments they are posting in the community. This is one great way to stay connected.

• Tessa Gray
              By Tessa Gray
              Jul 27

Tip #2.

Groups icon Looking for what interests you most in edSpace? Go to Menu scroll down to Ngā Rōpū (groups) and view all groups. You can join 'open' groups and request to join 'closed' groups that interest you most. 

Once you are a group member, you can view and respond to discussions, blogs, events and news items. You can also ask a question or offer a view by starting a new discussion. You'll be able to see like-minded group members that you can 'friend' as well.

Latest news
            • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Mahuru 2017
              Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Mahuru 2017
              Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome to the very first pānui for edSpace mō te marama Mahuru and the first day of Spring! This is our monthly round-up celebrating your kōrero (voice), your whakaaro (ideas), your ako (learning). edSpace is very new and still in it's...
            • uLearn Breakouts: book yours now!
              uLearn Breakouts: book yours now!
              Your uLearn portal  
            • EdSpace: What's in it for me?
              EdSpace: What's in it for me?
              What can edSpace do for me and my professional learning? Important to remember: This is a social networking space to help grow educational conversation to; affirm or nudge our thinking, to create opportunities to shift thinking and practice - to ultimately improve outcomes for all...
            Event calendar