Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Allanah King
    Writing Supports for Learners using O365
    1 August
    Public discussion Created by Allanah King

I am leading a staff meeting next week in an intermediate school on writing for students using O365 and other on line tools. What are the must share type advantages and practices that people think I should share in the O365 Suite???

Thank you team,

I just finished my second presentation showing teachers the joys of the Learning Tools and I even made a Sway to show them the possibilities of what kids might achieve.

- By Allanah King
      • Allanah King
        By Allanah King
        Sep 4

Thank you team,

I just finished my second presentation showing teachers the joys of the Learning Tools and I even made a Sway to show them the possibilities of what kids might achieve.

• Renee Raroa
          By Renee Raroa
          Sep 4

Kia ora Allanah,

Great to chat this afternoon. 

Here are links to the main kaupapa we talked about:

Looks like we agree with Bronwyn; OneNote & Sway were top picks :)

Renee.

• Bron Edmunds
            By Bron Edmunds
            Aug 30

Hi,

The two standouts for me....

The OneNote Class Notebook is pretty fabulous. Great for personalising learning for students (via classnote book addin) where you can send out flipped lessins etc to individual students. I like that you can embed in OneNote too and insert comments and video recordings (great for feedback) easily. So much you can do. This link might help - https://sway.com/rq8btwPwKTUfRZ2F

Sway is also great as an easy presentation tool.

Of course, the standard Word and PowerPoint on line are also grwat for indivdual writing, collaborative writing and providing feedback comments.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
            Bronwyn

• Allanah King
              By Allanah King
              Aug 15

Thank you Philippa

I even even re-joined the Microsoft community- I am already badged. Back in the day I was a finalist for the Microsoft Innovator Award but I have somewhat let my Microsoft-ness slide.

• Philippa
                By Philippa
                Aug 11

I'm not sure whether this is of use (or timely...) but I spied this on Twitter last night: http://stevenpayne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Office-365-Education-Essentials-Aug-2017.pdf ??

Latest news
              • Connected Educator Update September 2017
                Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome to the very first pānui for Connected Educator New Zealand.    What's new? This year Connected Educator Aotearoa New Zealand (CENZ) is back and bigger than ever, as a year-long event. What is Connected Educator New...
              • CORE Ten Trends
                CORE Ten Trends
                Join us at 4pm on Monday 4 September for a Facebook Live session with Derek Wenmoth as he introduces us to the first in a series of CORE Ten Trends session. This Monday Derek will focus on The Cultural Trends, Learner Agency and Artificial Intelligence!   You may wish to download...
              • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Mahuru 2017
                Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Mahuru 2017
                Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome to the very first pānui for edSpace mō te marama Mahuru and the first day of Spring! This is our monthly round-up celebrating your kōrero (voice), your whakaaro (ideas), your ako (learning). edSpace is very new and still in it's...
              Event calendar