Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Becky Hare
    Welcome all! Please introduce yourself and tell us what you'd like to get out of uLearn17.
    2 August
    Public discussion Created by Becky Hare

What is your organisation? Have you been to uLearn before? What attracted you? What are your focus areas this year?

Kia ora koutou,

Ko Philippa ahau, kei Te Whanganui-a-Tara toku kainga. While I have attended uLearn previously, this is my first time as a 'front liner' working for CORE. Really looking forward to helping you all get the most out of this professional learning experience!

- By Philippa
      • Philippa
        By Philippa
        Sep 22

Kia ora koutou,

Ko Philippa ahau, kei Te Whanganui-a-Tara toku kainga. While I have attended uLearn previously, this is my first time as a 'front liner' working for CORE. Really looking forward to helping you all get the most out of this professional learning experience!

• Ralph Buadromo
          By Ralph Buadromo
          Sep 15

Kiora and Bula Vinaka

This is Ralph Buadromo , i am an education technologist at the University of the South Pacific ,Laucala ,Fiji islands. This will be my very first Ulearn conference. Looking forward to making new connections ,sharing experiences and  leaving the conference with innovative ideas for our course designs.

Vinaka Vakalevu (Thanks)

Ralph

• Anne Kenneally
            By Anne Kenneally
            Sep 14

Kia ora, kia orana, talofa lava, malo e lelei, warm greetings to all,

Absolutely fabulous to see so many responses in here. Isn’t it awesome to be feeling part of the uLearn network in the build up.

This year, at uLearn17, two of CORE’s premium services, Connected Educator Aotearoa New Zealand (CENZ) and EDtalks, will combine in a series of two live-streamed Connected Conversations.  These discussions link most closely to the Learning Digitally conference strand  Focusing on all aspects of the impact of digital technologies on learning and the student learner.

The Connected Conversations series brings ideas and people together as part of Connected Educator NZ, #CENZ17. These are an opportunity for you to hear from inspirational educators in one session with an opportunity to discuss and unpack.

The first Connected Conversation: Student learners at the centre

Each Connected Conversation will be comprised of three 18 minute presentations, followed by a facilitated discussion.

Conversations started here will continue virtually as we continue to explore the themes and the concepts during CENZ17. There's an opportunity for a round-table discussion and a Q and A will complete the session, including Twitter questions from the floor and from our #notatulearn connected supporters!

Panelists:

Book in Breakout 1 on Wednesday 11 October 2017, 11:15 AM - 12:30 PM, Arena Lounge, Claudelands Events Centre.

Right here, in our edSpace discussion, would be a fabulous space for you to connect with Juliet, Melanie, Olivia and Bronwyn and begin the conversation in the lead up to uLearn17. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and wonderings.

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 2.39.19 PM.png
            • Jonathan
              By Jonathan
              Sep 10

Hi Everyone, 

My name is Jonathan and I am teaching a mixed year 7 and 8 class at Peachgrove Intermediate in Hamilton. This will be my first experience at a ULearn Conference. I am looking forward to checking out a few different presentations, especially in how to engage boys (specifically Maori boys) in literacy. 

• Siale
                By Siale
                Sep 8

Hi guys, I'm Siale Tunoka from Tahuna Intermediate in good 'ol' Otago. Looking forward to my very first conference!!!!

• Melissa Magatogia
                  By Melissa Magatogia
                  Sep 8

Kia Ora, I am Melissa Magatogia from Rotorua Boys High School, teacher of Design & Visual Communication. This will be my first time attending a uLearn conference, also looking forward to attending the Changing Spaces workshop before hand. I look forward to networking and building connections with others from all areas of the education sector and leaving the conference with fresh ideas. Nga mihi.

• helenshirley
                    By helenshirley
                    Sep 7

Kia ora, I'm Helen from Haeata Community Campus. I am a first timer at uLearn and also presenting! I am very excited about attending uLearn! I'm looking forward to being inspired by all of your experiences and making new connections!

• Denise Barrington
                      By Denise Barrington
                      Sep 7

Tēnā koutou, Ko Denise ahau. Kei Kerikeri noho kāinga ināianei. Tēnei tāku tuarua uLearn. My focus is on innovation, collaboration, connectedness and developing deeper learning. 

• Anne Kenneally
                        By Anne Kenneally
                        Sep 7

Kia ora,

How exciting to see so many people joining this group, introducing yourself, and telling us what you would like to get out of uLearn.  

It is very exciting to see so many newbies. 

Coming your way real soon:

• A CORE Connected Educator NZ pānui...
                        • A blogpost - how to get the most of out uLearn...
                        • and on 27 September, a webinar...

Please keep in touch, post in any questions and wonderings... 

Ka kite

Anne K

• Janine Brown
                          By Janine Brown
                          Sep 6

Talofa, kia ora koutou, I'm Janine from Haeata Community Campus.

I am a ulearn newbie and  also presenting. I have wanted to go to ulearn for a long time so very excited to finally get there!! 

I'm looking forward to rich conversations, catch-ups (with VPLDers & CORE), face-to-face meets with #BFC630NZers, meeting like-minded people  and the energy a conference projects. 

Latest news
                        • Connected Educator Update September 2017
                          Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome to the very first pānui for Connected Educator New Zealand.    What's new? This year Connected Educator Aotearoa New Zealand (CENZ) is back and bigger than ever, as a year-long event. What is Connected Educator New...
                        • CORE Ten Trends
                          CORE Ten Trends
                          Join us at 4pm on Monday 4 September for a Facebook Live session with Derek Wenmoth as he introduces us to the first in a series of CORE Ten Trends session. This Monday Derek will focus on The Cultural Trends, Learner Agency and Artificial Intelligence!   You may wish to download...
                        • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Mahuru 2017
                          Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Mahuru 2017
                          Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome to the very first pānui for edSpace mō te marama Mahuru and the first day of Spring! This is our monthly round-up celebrating your kōrero (voice), your whakaaro (ideas), your ako (learning). edSpace is very new and still in it's...
                        Event calendar