Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Katrina Laurie
    Embracing Agile Leadership for Learning
    12 March
    Public discussion Created by Katrina Laurie

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/embracing-agile-leadership-learning-simon-breakspear/?published=t

This post from Dr Simon Breakspear grabbed my attention from the beginning. He opens with a  leader pointing out to him that as a Keynote if he starts of with 'the world is changing and so education needs to make shift' they will probably replace him by morning tea. They know this but want to know how to lead the change. How many times have we heard about change needs to happen and that's about where the conversation ends?

Key ideas for leading agile change:

1. Clarify- Pursuing less but better!

Some good questions posed in the reading; What impact are we seeking and why? What evidence-informed changes will make? How will we know it is working?

2. Incubate- searching for solutions

The key idea here is to develop, refine and test new approaches on a small scale first.

3. Amplify- Getting more of what is working

Move towards the pocket of excellence/innovation to common practice across the organisation.

Deep down agile leaders know and embrace the realisation that improvement is not an event, but rather a collective journey – of getting better all the time - with no true end. They embrace the quest, and have a sense that every month, every term, every year they can find new and better ways to improve student learning.

If you head to his website and scroll down- there’s templates available to download. I am going to look further at the templates and see if there is anything I am using now to adapt some of this thinking. I really like finding simple models to make sense of complex thinking.

http://simonbreakspear.com/agileleadership/

I would like to know what you think and ways/processes you use to support your journey through change.

Latest news
    • Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in Aotearoa: why it's a good fit
      Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in Aotearoa: why it's a good fit
      You've given us feedback in our survey that you'd like to see more support around meeting the diverse needs of learners. Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is an approach that can guide inclusive design and practices. Endorsed by the Ministry of Education, and now a major feature of...
    • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Pipiri 2018
      Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Pipiri 2018
      Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome to our edSpace pānui mō te marama Pipiri, our monthly round-up for June 2018. If you're new to edSpace, please feel free to become a member and join in the discussions. Exciting times, we celebrated edSpace turning one this...
    • Te Whakamānawa - Culturally Responsive Practice in School Communities
      Te Whakamānawa - Culturally Responsive Practice in School Communities
      There are only 4 spaces available for the July intake of our online course Te Whakamānawa - Culturally Responsive Practice in School Communities.  This 20-week, online programme explores how our school communities might better reflect our bicultural heritage and give mana to Te Tiriti o...
    Event calendar