Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Nicki Tempero
    App smashing
    22 March
    Public discussion Created by Nicki Tempero

Are you App smashing?

App Smashing is the process of using multiple apps to create projects or complete tasks. App Smashing can provide your students with creative and inspired ways to showcase their learning and allow you to assess their understanding and skills.

A crowd sourced slideshow has been created through #seesawchatnz  - 

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1dARNvpgk5Vd5rmkrCfLkqorloN2W3dZ4FH2tklL6q34/edit#slide=id.p

Please add your ideas to the slideshow

Chromebook apps -

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 1.06.10 PM.png

iPad apps- 

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 1.07.39 PM.png

Yes I app smash. We use shadow puppet, chatterpix, pic collage, puppet pals, sock puppets and tellagami. The students enjoy sharing stories and writing this way. We also explore maths ideas but I now use the drawing and recording functions on seesaw to explain maths thinking (i use to use explain everything).

- By Alwyn
      • Alwyn
        By Alwyn
        Mar 23

Yes I app smash. We use shadow puppet, chatterpix, pic collage, puppet pals, sock puppets and tellagami. The students enjoy sharing stories and writing this way. We also explore maths ideas but I now use the drawing and recording functions on seesaw to explain maths thinking (i use to use explain everything).

Latest news
      • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Pipiri 2018
        Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Pipiri 2018
        Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome to our edSpace pānui mō te marama Pipiri, our monthly round-up for June 2018. If you're new to edSpace, please feel free to become a member and join in the discussions. Exciting times, we celebrated edSpace turning one this...
      • Te Whakamānawa - Culturally Responsive Practice in School Communities
        Te Whakamānawa - Culturally Responsive Practice in School Communities
        There are only 4 spaces available for the July intake of our online course Te Whakamānawa - Culturally Responsive Practice in School Communities.  This 20-week, online programme explores how our school communities might better reflect our bicultural heritage and give mana to Te Tiriti o...
      • Tēnei te Tira Hou | Culture of Change
        Tēnei te Tira Hou | Culture of Change
        Tēnei te Tira Hou | Culture of Change A day of interactive, deep experiential learning, designed to help you activate for sustainable, ecological change and build learning futures that everyone deserves. Taking place the day before uLearn18, Tēnei te Tira Hou | Culture of Change...
      Event calendar