Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

• CORE Education
      Public discussion Created by CORE Education

I see Micro-credentialing relating well to Real time Reporting and Understanding Success trends. 

I recently had a conversation with a colleague around what Ormiston Junior College is doing and their gamified approach to learning. We started asking the question if any other schools had developed a similar approach and what platform they are using? Is there something already out there that can be picked up and altered to suit the schools localised curriculum.

I started a bit of search after this conversation and I've stumbled across ClassCraft https://www.classcraft.com/

So far I've created a class and I'm exploring the all the possibilities.

• I have the option of building a demo class alongside my own class so I can test out features etc
      • I can build my class around a particular focus (social emotional learning, positive behaviour)
      • Personalise quests with your own curriculum. Create quests that are story driven learning adventures. What I like here is as you are creating the learning quests you have an option of building a story as they progress the learning. You can set a task (either online or not), assign this task (for XP points), create a discussion forum for individuals and teams, Even if its not an assignment you can still reward XP.
      • Formative assessment appears in the form of what is called 'Boss Battles' (I need to explore this feature more)
      • Teacher can see real time data with insights into student motivation
      • There is also an option for you to use lessons/quests already created

I would love to know if anyone is using this in their class or what other platforms are you using with a micro-credentialing approach?

- By Katrina Laurie
      • CORE Education
        • CORE Education

- By CORE Education
          • CORE Education

- By CORE Education
            • CORE Education

- By CORE Education
              • CORE Education

Kia ora @lwoon, so nice to see you in here, long time no see over the hills there!

Snap: I printed off the Ten Trends too to scribbled/circled key points and then went back into the digital PDF to click on the live links smiley. I also saw many synergies in yesterday's Localised Curriculum workshop hosted in Tauranga Moana. I thought it was a fantastic opportunity to open up dialogue around; who our stakeholders are, who has feed-in and the 'biggest voice' when designing and implementing a localised curriculum.

Quick question: Were you looking for the five papers from different authors, including Jan and Derek (Education Council) on Informing Leadership for Communities of Learning? 

Tess smiley

- By Tessa Gray
                • CORE Education

In light of recent events in Aotearoa, the "Wellbeing" and "Schools as part of a community" trends have really got my attention. Our schools have been centres / safe havens in terms of dealing with how our young people are feeling, and our wonderful teaching staff have responded so well to the big challenge in front of them. It would be great to hear some examples here of what you have observed out there, in terms of how schools as part of a community have stepped up to support student wellbeing

- By Tracey Scott
                Latest news
                • edSpace reaches a new milestone
                  edSpace reaches a new milestone
                  Woohoo over 3,000 members have now joined edSpace (CORE Education's community of practice). Congratulations everyone, you're part of a bigger whānau. This is your place to connect with like-minded colleagues; talk about trends in education and what matters most for you, as teachers...
                • ACCELERATOR workshops
                  ACCELERATOR workshops
                  Would you like the opportunity to grow new ideas? And maybe break some rules? ACCELERATOR is for you! This exciting and immersive experience is designed to speed up change in teaching and learning by activating innovative solutions.      ACCELERATOR utilises a...
                • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Haratua 2019
                  Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Haratua 2019
                  Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome back to the latest pānui (round-up) for edSpace, May 2019.  We've got some exciting stories to roll out around CORE's Ten Trends and we are building up to uLearn19 October, 2019 with a series of posts that profile a mixture of...
                Event calendar