Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Tessa Gray
    School delivery plan for Digital Technologies
    30 July
    Public discussion Created by Tessa Gray

Kia ora koutou, just wondering how schools are addressing a curriculum delivery plan to implement digital technologies across the school?

1. Is this a matter of introducing/integrating Computational Thinking and Designing and Developing Digital Outcomes within curriculum learning areas (as well as subjects at Secondary level)?
    2. Is this up to individual teachers and/or syndicates to sort out?
    3. Do you have a delivery plan school-wide?
    4. Is this taught as part of the Technology Learning area?
    5. Are you collating lesson examples and creating a resource (ie: Progress Outcomes exemplars) and staggering this throughout the school for different year levels?
    6. Is this part of a problem-based and/or inquiry-based learning model/framework in your school?
    7. Is this implemented as part of rich, responsive integrated (localised) curriculum design?
    8. Early days, haven't thought this through yet

Which number are you (from the statements above) and would you be able to share a few details about where you and your school are at with this thinking/trialing/implementing so far? All responses greatly appreciated. Just join edSpace and the Digital Technologies| Hangarau Matihiko Curriculum group to contribute.

Oops @Glendajanek thank you, basic Human interface 101 - the link would help! Here's the link: https://create.piktochart.com/output/40011458-digital-technologies-in-the-curriculum

Let me know what you think, what can be added, replaced or taken out etc

- By CORE Education
      • CORE Education
        By CORE Education
        Aug 5

Oops GjK thank you, basic Human interface 101 - the link would help! Here's the link: https://create.piktochart.com/output/40011458-digital-technologies-in-the-curriculum

Let me know what you think, what can be added, replaced or taken out etc

• GjK
          By GjK
          Aug 5

Kia ora, Tessa

Is there a link to this flowchart in Google Docs or somewhere else so we can print off a version to read more easily? Keen to engage with this, it looks really helpful. 

Thanks

• Tessa Gray
            By Tessa Gray
            Aug 2

Thanks @Kathe.Tawhiwhirangi-Perry for your comments, I can see there's lots more kōrero needed around what the diagram means and where the links can take us - mostly around planning for student needs/interests/abilities through curriculum portals and pathways. Also having conversations about integrating ICTs/e-Learning as well as Learning about Digital Technologies.

Any ideas on different ways of interpreting this are welcome. smiley

• Kathe Tawhiwhirangi-Perry
              By Kathe Tawhiwhirangi-Perry
              Aug 1

Kia ora Tessa

GREAT questions here!

FABULOUS graphic tooyes

I have yet to get to this stage but, it is getting closer!!!!

Your questions would be useful (I'm thinking) to have at the table to discuss with leadership as we/ facilitators move into schools to start this support/service.

Your graphic would be another useful tool (in my mind) to have as a agenda item too.

I might even be a tad exited about what you've posted here. Already bookmarking this space to come back to when I start these conversations with schools!! He mihi nui ki a koe e hoa!! Ka mau te wehi!

• Tessa Gray
                By Tessa Gray
                Jul 31

I've just started to have a play with a flowchart (using Piktochart) to consolidate some ideas around planning for implementing and integrating Digital Technologies. What do you think so far? What could be added? https://create.piktochart.com/output/40011458-digital-technologies-in-the-curriculum

Latest news
              • edSpace reaches a new milestone
                edSpace reaches a new milestone
                Woohoo over 3,000 members have now joined edSpace (CORE Education's community of practice). Congratulations everyone, you're part of a bigger whānau. This is your place to connect with like-minded colleagues; talk about trends in education and what matters most for you, as teachers...
              • ACCELERATOR workshops
                ACCELERATOR workshops
                Would you like the opportunity to grow new ideas? And maybe break some rules? ACCELERATOR is for you! This exciting and immersive experience is designed to speed up change in teaching and learning by activating innovative solutions.      ACCELERATOR utilises a...
              • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Haratua 2019
                Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Haratua 2019
                Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome back to the latest pānui (round-up) for edSpace, May 2019.  We've got some exciting stories to roll out around CORE's Ten Trends and we are building up to uLearn19 October, 2019 with a series of posts that profile a mixture of...
              Event calendar