Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Lisa Hargreaves
    Authentic Contexts
    25 August
    Public discussion Created by Lisa Hargreaves

Hi Everyone

I'm interested in what schools and teachers are doing within the new curriculum that is authentic by nature. As part of my Reflective Journal for my Masters on Effective use of Digital Technologies in the Primary Classroom, I'm including a table that gives teachers ideas for 'authentic' contexts for CTDT and DDDO. Apologies if I have missed a discussion on this already, if you could please respond with any ideas on 'authentic contexts' that would be much appreciated.

Lisa

Kia ora Lisa and welcome. I'd love to hear some more stories from schools as well. For example, Whakarongo School has a curriculum delivery that incorporates Technology Learning area and design thinking. See PDF example here.

In the meantime, these edSpace threads might help too?

And you might like to join Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko's online community, Ngā Kiriahi for more conversations and examples of Authentic contexts and with end users in mind...

Smiles,

Tess smiley

- By Tessa Gray
    Latest news
    • ACCELERATOR workshops
      ACCELERATOR workshops
      Would you like the opportunity to grow new ideas? And maybe break some rules? ACCELERATOR is for you! This exciting and immersive experience is designed to speed up change in teaching and learning by activating innovative solutions.      ACCELERATOR utilises a...
    • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Haratua 2019
      Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Haratua 2019
      Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome back to the latest pānui (round-up) for edSpace, May 2019.  We've got some exciting stories to roll out around CORE's Ten Trends and we are building up to uLearn19 October, 2019 with a series of posts that profile a mixture of...
    • Calling all uLearn19 presenters
      Calling all uLearn19 presenters
      Are you interested in sharing your learning experiences at uLearn19? Extend yourself and try your hand at presenting.  Hold a 60-90 minute workshop, 25 minute taster session, 2 minute digital smackdown or a pop-up maker-space. Why not think about presenting your peer reviewed paper at Kia...
    Event calendar