Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Jacky Young
    Video - why teach DT?
    4 February
    Public discussion Created by Jacky Young

This video was included in the Feb 2020 Education Gazette, talking with various IT industry people about the need to teach DT in schools. It is the first in a series of videos.

Future-focused learning in schools and kura | Digital Curriculum & Hangarau Matihiko – episode 1

and here is the next episode... again, well worth a watch as it covers digital fluency and digital technologies from leadership, teacher and student perspectives...

- By Clive Francis
      • Clive Francis
        By Clive Francis
        Feb 21

and here is the next episode... again, well worth a watch as it covers digital fluency and digital technologies from leadership, teacher and student perspectives...

• Viv Hall
          By Viv Hall
          Feb 5

Ka pai Jacky

Agree Tessa, a very timely publication.  I used this yesterday in a TOD which resulted in a robust discussion.  Top of mind for most was the focus on collaboration, creativity, problem-solving and the importance of "soft skills'.  Linking it to discussions with people from community and business helped make sense for many of the group. 

A 'must watch'. 

• Tessa Gray
            By Tessa Gray
            Feb 4

Thank you Jacky, you wouldn't believe how timely this video was for me!

Yesterday I received an email requesting readings, or research around the merits of BYOD devices for a parent inquiry. I responded with the usual links to effective practice etc and also discussed the merits of e-Learning and Digital Technologies with strong links to the findings in The Future of Jobs Report from the World Economic Forum (2018), but this video you shared cut through all of that.

It's not about the technology, its about what's good for society as a whole.

So thanks for sharing, look forward to the next episode. smiley

Latest news
          • Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko Super Meetups in a region near you
            Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko Super Meetups in a region near you
            Still growing your own or other's knowledge about digital technologies content in the NZC? Then check out these free Huinga Hihiko / Super Meetups hosted by Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko (National Digital Readiness Programme) in a region near you. Feel free to pass these on or ask any questions...
          • Meri Kirihimete from edSpace
            Meri Kirihimete from edSpace
            Meri Kirihimete me te tau hou koa, see you all again in the new year.
          • edSpace reaches a new milestone
            edSpace reaches a new milestone
            Woohoo over 3,000 members have now joined edSpace (CORE Education's community of practice). Congratulations everyone, you're part of a bigger whānau. This is your place to connect with like-minded colleagues; talk about trends in education and what matters most for you, as teachers...
          Event calendar