Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Anne-Louise Robertson
    NZ Bearhunt
    26 March
    Public discussion Created by Anne-Louise Robertson

This has been in the news and so I am sure many of you have already seen it. I think it is a great activity for parents to do with their kids; it gets them out and about and also learning how to use a map. You may want to add your bear to the map!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?fbclid=IwAR1Fc53xum7eUDgvhKAaO783qoot18HsyXiJ2YvlyHKiWRNQ8KUdluDeW8k&mid=1By-BSAQoQkGeqr77e2ejEJ96xiyH8QkM&ll=-44.92850064979676%2C171.53717545312497&z=7

It's also a good introduction for maps for teachers. I was also thinking how the bears could be great story prompts for kids. They could create a photo story of the bears they see, create a video, invent  characters, write a 'bear diary',  what journey has the bear been on, which countries has it visited?

Any other thoughts of areas of the curriculum or activities that this could lead to?

Paddington

Teddy in a windowOhh that is so lovely, I saw that inspiration here: Coronavirus: Teddy bears brighten first day of lockdown. What a cool idea! 

Where's the link take us to Anne? smiley

Image source: CCO Pixabay

- By Tessa Gray
      • Tessa Gray
        By Tessa Gray
        Mar 27

Teddy in a windowOhh that is so lovely, I saw that inspiration here: Coronavirus: Teddy bears brighten first day of lockdown. What a cool idea! 

Where's the link take us to Anne? smiley

Image source: CCO Pixabay

• Madeline
          By Madeline
          Mar 26

Could also write/describe/vlog 'character profiles' for particular bears that catch their eye? In my small community we have a facebook page for the bear hunt - maybe some of those imaginative stories could be shared on those types of community pages?

Latest news
        • He waka eke noa
          We're all in this together. Day 2: We know you'll be taking the time to look after yourselves, your whānau and giving yourselves time to settle in. Some of you will also be thinking about exploring ways to make learning achievable for you as kaikao and achievable for your ākonga and...
        • Stay safe, stay connected
          He moana pukepuke e ekengia e te waka. A choppy sea can be navigated. Here's a warm message from Janelle Riki-Waaka via our CORE Facebook page. FB clip 24 March from edSpace on Vimeo. Our offices are temporarily closed, but we remain open for business. We can continue to support...
        • Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko Super Meetups in a region near you
          Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko Super Meetups in a region near you
          Still growing your own or other's knowledge about digital technologies content in the NZC? Then check out these free Huinga Hihiko / Super Meetups hosted by Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko (National Digital Readiness Programme) in a region near you. Feel free to pass these on or ask any questions...
        Event calendar