Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Ara Simmons
    Positive Introductions - What do I need right now?
    1 April
    Public discussion Created by Ara Simmons

Kia ora e hoa,

What do I need right now is perhaps the best question that we can ask ourselves to support our own grounding so we can then support others to get what they need. 

Part of my role as a Positive Psychology practitioner and facilitator for Core education is to support schools in what they need in regards to whole-school wellbeing. With this I had been asked to put together a few ideas around online learning, teachers, parents and wellbeing. A start has been made below which will be added to over time. Please feel free to dip into and share.

Do share in the thread if there is anything you currently find useful about the site.

Your wellbeing school google site.

With this, much aroha from me and my whānau to yours.

Your wellbeing website

Thanks Kath - a really helpful questions and for me also being ok if the "what do I need right now" is not your norm or is out of the box.

I came across this visual which I like as well.

Breathing Breaks

Breathing Breaks

- By Linda
      • Linda
        By Linda
        Apr 17

Thanks Kath - a really helpful questions and for me also being ok if the "what do I need right now" is not your norm or is out of the box.

I came across this visual which I like as well.

Breathing Breaks

Breathing Breaks

• Ara Simmons
          By Ara Simmons
          Apr 3

Thanks Kath. Sometimes we don't know what we need so when this happens a useful strategy is to just pause and take a breath, before asking ourselves again. The following are a couple of useful breathing strategies if you are new to this 'intentional' breathing lark.

1. Square breathing (great also for dealing with anxiety)

I have included a kids version video which illustrates the process very simply.

2. Deep breathing

Are there any tips that you could share Kath that work for you in terms of getting "unstuck"?

• Kath Delahunty
            By Kath Delahunty
            Apr 3

Thanks Ara- a great opening question :-)

"What do I need right now?"

and a good one to keep asking ourselves in those moments we feel stuck or 'blah'!

Ngā mihi 

Latest news
          • uLearn 20 is virtual
            uLearn 20 is virtual
            Did you know uLearn20 is virtual this year? For the fist time ever uLearn20 will be delivered online! Now it doesn't matter where you are, everyone can attend uLearn20! Pohewatia te āpōpō | Reimagine tomorrow.    7-8 October 2020  Using an exciting, contemporary...
          • Ten Trends 2020: A retrospective report
            Ten Trends 2020: A retrospective report
            With Ten Trends 2020 released on Friday, we can’t go past this retrospective look at trends from the last 15 years (and the impact they’ve had on education in Aotearoa). Download the document and explore the trends behind the technology, structural, cultural, economic and process...
          • edSpace live event: Cultivating Social Connection online
            edSpace live event: Cultivating Social Connection online
            Nothing can replace the physical connection that we all need in the form of face to face. So what can we do in the meantime to cultivate the connection they need and we need? By turning up the volume online on the ways we can possibly socially connect. If you are interested in knowing more, why...
          Event calendar