Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Nicki Tempero
    How are you using Seesaw in your school?
    23 November
    Public discussion Created by Nicki Tempero

Many teachers are asking about how schools, teachers and teams are implementing Seesaw into their programmes. How are you integrating Seesaw into your programme and what tips and tricks have you got to share?

Nicki

Another conversation happening that is relevant to us ‘Seesaw’ peeps is real time reporting! Check out this school that replaced their Term 2 progress written report with real time reporting using Seesaw! https://edspace.org.nz/discussion/view/102871/ten-trend-real-time-reporting#

It would be great to hear from schools that are leaning towards this. What are your thoughts? 

- By Katrina Laurie
      • Katrina Laurie
        By Katrina Laurie
        May 2

Another conversation happening that is relevant to us ‘Seesaw’ peeps is real time reporting! Check out this school that replaced their Term 2 progress written report with real time reporting using Seesaw! https://edspace.org.nz/discussion/view/102871/ten-trend-real-time-reporting#

It would be great to hear from schools that are leaning towards this. What are your thoughts? 

• Viv Hall
          By Viv Hall
          Apr 4

Kia Ora

As the end of Term One is upon us I've been working with groups of teachers who have got very excited about Activities.  Initially, they start using the ones that are already available, before wanting to create their own.  I'm interested in what others are doing and wonder if people are willing to share in this forum ones they have created.  The teachers I am working with are wanting to extend their Te Reo skills and we'd love to be able to share.  Come back after the holiday break :-)

• Nicki Tempero
            By Nicki Tempero
            Mar 12

NEW UPDATE for Seesaw 

Seesaw messaging is now better than ever! Add photos, videos, PDFs, links and more to the announcements and private messages you send in Seesaw. Remind teachers and families to update their apps!

Parents will need to update their apps Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 6.13.00 PM.png

• Stephanie Kitto
              By Stephanie Kitto
              Feb 26

HI Nicki

I love the idea of a sound box. I'm not too worried about the background buzz of classroom noise, but I know sometimes my learners seek out quiet spaces so I'll definitely give this a try.

Thanks for sharing

• Nicki Tempero
                By Nicki Tempero
                Feb 26

Many schools I am working in have been commenting on the need for quiet areas in the classroom for recording - I HAVE THE ANSWER !! and it generally works :)

Create a little or big sound box. This could be the size of a box from the photocopier or as big enough that a child could sit in the box while recording . You will need to line the box with egg boxes or some sort of foam material.

If you are using a "recording studio" like this or are going to make one please share how it works in your classroom

Nicki

chatterbox-sound-recording-box-classroom-recording-booth-vocal-recording-25db75cbd08602c838d698d4e3508cd9.jpg

Inside Recording Box.jpg

• Nicki Tempero
                  By Nicki Tempero
                  Feb 13

Hi Viv

thanks for joining in... 

I completely agree that the teaching and modelling is so important when blogging to encourage parents and whanau to join in. Its generally easy to get verbal feedback from parents, the hard part is encouraging them to write a comment on the posts. Taking away the barriers is a start.

Linda Yollis blogs were my go to place for blogging info and ideas when I was blogging with my class, clever person !

:)

• CORE Education
                    By CORE Education
                    Feb 13

There's some great sharing here thank you all. You might also like to share the following resource with your friends and colleagues: 

Enhancing homeschool partnerships with Seesaw: listen to the podcast & register for the online workshop to learn how to use Seesaw to support learners & engage whānau http://ow.ly/8cZ530gHRck 

• Viv Hall
                      By Viv Hall
                      Feb 13

Kia Ora

I've been stalking in the discussion and playing catch up.  The ponderings around commenting, and quality are pretty similar to blog comments.

I found Silva Tolisano's suggestions really valuable when I was starting student's blogging. http://langwitches.org/blog/2008/12/25/blogging-lesson-plan-commenting/

Teaching/modelling in the case of parents and whānau is important and sharing a list is a great idea Nicki.  Linda Yollis ( American teacher) had her students create a video on how to comment.  Anyone seen anything like this here?  http://yollisclassblog.blogspot.co.nz/2010/10/how-to-compose-quality-comment.html

• Alwyn
                        By Alwyn
                        Feb 11

Hi Alannah. Yes you can share the poetry item. 

• Allanah King
                          By Allanah King
                          Feb 11

Hi Alwyn 

I love your poetry idea- I scanned the code and it worked too- very cool. I am giving a talk to some teachers this week and wondered if I might please share the poetry idea and image with them?

Latest news
                        • edSpace reaches a new milestone
                          edSpace reaches a new milestone
                          Woohoo over 3,000 members have now joined edSpace (CORE Education's community of practice). Congratulations everyone, you're part of a bigger whānau. This is your place to connect with like-minded colleagues; talk about trends in education and what matters most for you, as teachers...
                        • ACCELERATOR workshops
                          ACCELERATOR workshops
                          Would you like the opportunity to grow new ideas? And maybe break some rules? ACCELERATOR is for you! This exciting and immersive experience is designed to speed up change in teaching and learning by activating innovative solutions.      ACCELERATOR utilises a...
                        • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Haratua 2019
                          Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Haratua 2019
                          Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome back to the latest pānui (round-up) for edSpace, May 2019.  We've got some exciting stories to roll out around CORE's Ten Trends and we are building up to uLearn19 October, 2019 with a series of posts that profile a mixture of...
                        Event calendar