Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Nicki Tempero
    How are you using Seesaw in your school?
    23 November
    Public discussion Created by Nicki Tempero

Many teachers are asking about how schools, teachers and teams are implementing Seesaw into their programmes. How are you integrating Seesaw into your programme and what tips and tricks have you got to share?

Nicki

NEW UPDATE for Seesaw 

Seesaw messaging is now better than ever! Add photos, videos, PDFs, links and more to the announcements and private messages you send in Seesaw. Remind teachers and families to update their apps!

Parents will need to update their apps Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 6.13.00 PM.png

- By Nicki Tempero
      • Nicki Tempero
        By Nicki Tempero
        Mar 12

NEW UPDATE for Seesaw 

Seesaw messaging is now better than ever! Add photos, videos, PDFs, links and more to the announcements and private messages you send in Seesaw. Remind teachers and families to update their apps!

Parents will need to update their apps Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 6.13.00 PM.png

• Stephanie Kitto
          By Stephanie Kitto
          Feb 26

HI Nicki

I love the idea of a sound box. I'm not too worried about the background buzz of classroom noise, but I know sometimes my learners seek out quiet spaces so I'll definitely give this a try.

Thanks for sharing

• Nicki Tempero
            By Nicki Tempero
            Feb 26

Many schools I am working in have been commenting on the need for quiet areas in the classroom for recording - I HAVE THE ANSWER !! and it generally works :)

Create a little or big sound box. This could be the size of a box from the photocopier or as big enough that a child could sit in the box while recording . You will need to line the box with egg boxes or some sort of foam material.

If you are using a "recording studio" like this or are going to make one please share how it works in your classroom

Nicki

chatterbox-sound-recording-box-classroom-recording-booth-vocal-recording-25db75cbd08602c838d698d4e3508cd9.jpg

Inside Recording Box.jpg

• Nicki Tempero
              By Nicki Tempero
              Feb 13

Hi Viv

thanks for joining in... 

I completely agree that the teaching and modelling is so important when blogging to encourage parents and whanau to join in. Its generally easy to get verbal feedback from parents, the hard part is encouraging them to write a comment on the posts. Taking away the barriers is a start.

Linda Yollis blogs were my go to place for blogging info and ideas when I was blogging with my class, clever person !

:)

• CORE Education
                By CORE Education
                Feb 13

There's some great sharing here thank you all. You might also like to share the following resource with your friends and colleagues: 

Enhancing homeschool partnerships with Seesaw: listen to the podcast & register for the online workshop to learn how to use Seesaw to support learners & engage whānau http://ow.ly/8cZ530gHRck 

• Viv Hall
                  By Viv Hall
                  Feb 13

Kia Ora

I've been stalking in the discussion and playing catch up.  The ponderings around commenting, and quality are pretty similar to blog comments.

I found Silva Tolisano's suggestions really valuable when I was starting student's blogging. http://langwitches.org/blog/2008/12/25/blogging-lesson-plan-commenting/

Teaching/modelling in the case of parents and whānau is important and sharing a list is a great idea Nicki.  Linda Yollis ( American teacher) had her students create a video on how to comment.  Anyone seen anything like this here?  http://yollisclassblog.blogspot.co.nz/2010/10/how-to-compose-quality-comment.html

• Alwyn
                    By Alwyn
                    Feb 11

Hi Alannah. Yes you can share the poetry item. 

• Allanah King
                      By Allanah King
                      Feb 11

Hi Alwyn 

I love your poetry idea- I scanned the code and it worked too- very cool. I am giving a talk to some teachers this week and wondered if I might please share the poetry idea and image with them?

• Alwyn
                        By Alwyn
                        Feb 8

A teacher in America asked for teacher across the world to create these non fiction task cards. I think about 50 different teachers participated and we have this fantastic resource for our classroom. Can share task cards if you are interested. This was a fun activity to participate in as a teacher.

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 10.06.01 PM.png

• Alwyn
                          By Alwyn
                          Feb 8

Hi Alannah 

I created these by using the QR code function in Seesaw and the students just scan them using the camera function and it takes them to the poem in Seesaw. You can scan code and listen. I have a whole set made up. The students made them in a lesson when we were learning about Seesaw.

IMG_D66CB671877F-1.jpg

Latest news
                        • Ki te Ao | December
                          Ki te Ao | December
                          Our final newsletter for the year is here, packed full of great resources for you to read and watch over the summer break!. Grab a cuppa and have a read.  
                        • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Whiringa-ā-rangi 2018
                          Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Whiringa-ā-rangi 2018
                          Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome to the latest edSpace pānui mō te marama Whiringa-ā-rangi, a round-up of activity from across edSpace for November, 2018.  It's been a busy month for teachers as they wind down the year, finish reports and start planning for...
                        • Ki te Ao | November
                          Ki te Ao | November
                          CORE's November newsletter is out now! Looking back on uLearn18, celebrating Learnz as Education award winners 2018, the latest CORE blogs and PLD opportunities for 2019. Grab a cuppa and have a read: http://bit.ly/2D9V86E  
                        Event calendar