Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Anne Kenneally
    Wordy Wednesday - Book chat
    21 February
    Public discussion Created by Anne Kenneally

Kia ora, 

Each week we are going to add a recent book review as an event in the Connected Educator Calendar. This is an opportunity to connect you to thought provoking discussion and reviews of interesting books. Maybe you can set up a book group? Really looking forward to hearing how you use this opportunity! 

Kia ora, 

As we develop and explore this idea of Wordy Wednesday and book discussion, I want to draw your attention to a group we have right here in edSpace - Hurahura - a space to share and discuss professional readings. You might want to join this group and get involved in the discussion.

Further call to action:

Please join our Connected Educator New Zealand edspace group;

Please sign up for updates from our Connected Educator site;

Please pledge events to our CENZ calendar; book chats, discussions, webinars, forums... whatever you have an idea about that can connect with others, free and online...

Really looking forward to our chats!

- By Anne Kenneally
      • Anne Kenneally
        By Anne Kenneally
        Feb 22

Kia ora, 

As we develop and explore this idea of Wordy Wednesday and book discussion, I want to draw your attention to a group we have right here in edSpace - Hurahura - a space to share and discuss professional readings. You might want to join this group and get involved in the discussion.

Further call to action:

Please join our Connected Educator New Zealand edspace group;

Please sign up for updates from our Connected Educator site;

Please pledge events to our CENZ calendar; book chats, discussions, webinars, forums... whatever you have an idea about that can connect with others, free and online...

Really looking forward to our chats!

• Anne Kenneally
          By Anne Kenneally
          Feb 21

Kia ora,

Our first book to be focus in our weekly sharing is: 

A Learner’s Paradise — a guidebook for parents and educators everywhere.

A Learner's Paradise

Richard Wells (@EduWells) writes in a conversational style, which made this a quick and easy read for me. I also enjoyed the web links contained in footnotes allowing me to explore further. He made me realise that we do have a great education system, something those of us who were part of the evolutionary process as The New Zealand Curriculum (NZC) document took shape often take for granted.

You can connect with Richard on Twitter or pose questions in here. We would love to have a discussion thread develop...

Latest news
        • Announcing: uLearn18 prize winners
          Announcing: uLearn18 prize winners
          Thank you to all those who visited the exhibition hall during uLearn18! There were lots of great prizes up for grabs. Congratulations to the following people who were among the winners:   Beagle Innovations Prize: $200 Mt Difficulty wine voucher Winner: Michelle...
        • uLearn18 is underway!
          uLearn18 is underway!
          Welcome to uLearn18, the wait is over! You'll find a rich collection of what's happening trending in Twitter, but if you want to chat more in-depth, exchange resources, ask questions, share ideas - feel free to start a discussion in the uLearn discussion group with your fellow...
        • STEAMing hot… Breakout 4 - 11.15am - 12.45pm Thursday 11th October
          STEAMing hot… Breakout 4 - 11.15am - 12.45pm Thursday 11th October
          Are you ready to indulge in a STEAMing hot conversation? Then this is the place for you. This is a Live Streamed Connected Educator Conversation. Five presenters share their experiences around how they are raising the capability of learners, connecting with authentic audiences, and making a...
        Event calendar