Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Jacky Young
    An interesting reading - What is computational thinking?
    12 March
    Public discussion Created by Jacky Young

I thought this article/reading gave some very clear points about this concept who's terms can often be a barrier to thinking about 'computational thinking'.

Would be interested in what others think about - not only with the articles but with the concept of computational thinking. What do you do already?

https://www.edsurge.com/news/2018-02-25-the-5th-c-of-21st-century-skills-try-computational-thinking-not-coding

Excellent article Jacky! 

Computational is a field requiring consideration as we prepare young people for the future. 

I hope this information inspires and informs many forward facing schools and kura in their decision making.

- By Catherine Johnson
      • Catherine Johnson
        By Catherine Johnson
        Mar 12

Excellent article Jacky! 

Computational is a field requiring consideration as we prepare young people for the future. 

I hope this information inspires and informs many forward facing schools and kura in their decision making.

Latest news
      • Ki te Ao | December
        Ki te Ao | December
        Our final newsletter for the year is here, packed full of great resources for you to read and watch over the summer break!. Grab a cuppa and have a read.  
      • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Whiringa-ā-rangi 2018
        Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Whiringa-ā-rangi 2018
        Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome to the latest edSpace pānui mō te marama Whiringa-ā-rangi, a round-up of activity from across edSpace for November, 2018.  It's been a busy month for teachers as they wind down the year, finish reports and start planning for...
      • Ki te Ao | November
        Ki te Ao | November
        CORE's November newsletter is out now! Looking back on uLearn18, celebrating Learnz as Education award winners 2018, the latest CORE blogs and PLD opportunities for 2019. Grab a cuppa and have a read: http://bit.ly/2D9V86E  
      Event calendar