Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Katrina Laurie
    Embracing Agile Leadership for Learning
    12 March
    Public discussion Created by Katrina Laurie

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/embracing-agile-leadership-learning-simon-breakspear/?published=t

This post from Dr Simon Breakspear grabbed my attention from the beginning. He opens with a  leader pointing out to him that as a Keynote if he starts of with 'the world is changing and so education needs to make shift' they will probably replace him by morning tea. They know this but want to know how to lead the change. How many times have we heard about change needs to happen and that's about where the conversation ends?

Key ideas for leading agile change:

1. Clarify- Pursuing less but better!

Some good questions posed in the reading; What impact are we seeking and why? What evidence-informed changes will make? How will we know it is working?

2. Incubate- searching for solutions

The key idea here is to develop, refine and test new approaches on a small scale first.

3. Amplify- Getting more of what is working

Move towards the pocket of excellence/innovation to common practice across the organisation.

Deep down agile leaders know and embrace the realisation that improvement is not an event, but rather a collective journey – of getting better all the time - with no true end. They embrace the quest, and have a sense that every month, every term, every year they can find new and better ways to improve student learning.

If you head to his website and scroll down- there’s templates available to download. I am going to look further at the templates and see if there is anything I am using now to adapt some of this thinking. I really like finding simple models to make sense of complex thinking.

http://simonbreakspear.com/agileleadership/

I would like to know what you think and ways/processes you use to support your journey through change.

Latest news
    • uLearn18 is underway!
      uLearn18 is underway!
      Welcome to uLearn18, the wait is over! You'll find a rich collection of what's happening trending in Twitter, but if you want to chat more in-depth, exchange resources, ask questions, share ideas - feel free to start a discussion in the uLearn discussion group with your fellow...
    • STEAMing hot… Breakout 4 - 11.15am - 12.45pm Thursday 11th October
      STEAMing hot… Breakout 4 - 11.15am - 12.45pm Thursday 11th October
      Are you ready to indulge in a STEAMing hot conversation? Then this is the place for you. This is a Live Streamed Connected Educator Conversation. Five presenters share their experiences around how they are raising the capability of learners, connecting with authentic audiences, and making a...
    • Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Mahuru 2018
      Hei Pānui edSpace | mō te marama Mahuru 2018
      Tēnā koutou, talofa lava, malo o lelei and welcome to the latest edSpace pānui mō te marama Mahuru - a round-up of activity from across edSpace for September, 2018.  It's been a busy month in the community as we ready ourselves for uLearn18 (Oct 10-12), CORE's annual...
    Event calendar