Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Tessa Gray
    What's the difference between ICT/e-Learning capabilities and Digital Technologies?
    1 August
    Public discussion Created by Tessa Gray

Primary and secondary schools are in various stages of clarifying common understandings about digital fluency, digital literacy, learning withthrough and about ICTs/e-Learning or Digital Technologies. So what does it all mean?

Find out more the distinctions and new directions for Digital Technologies in this post from Enabling e-Learning, Digital fluency and Digital Technologies - what do these mean? with references to this PDF file from Kia Takatū ā-Mātihiko, National Digital Readiness Programme.

What is your interpretation of Computational Thinking and Designing and Developing Digital Outcomes? Is this something you have been doing already or is it something new? What kinds of conversations are you having about how the new areas of the Technology curriculum? We'd love to hear your views in the comments section below.

I think that that poster is really useful to share and it makes it easy to see the contrasts between the meaning of Digital Fluency and Digital Technologies.

I have even printed it off as a point of reference- I rarely do that!

- By Allanah King
      • Allanah King
        By Allanah King
        Aug 2

I think that that poster is really useful to share and it makes it easy to see the contrasts between the meaning of Digital Fluency and Digital Technologies.

I have even printed it off as a point of reference- I rarely do that!

Latest news
      • uLearn 20 is virtual
        uLearn 20 is virtual
        Did you know uLearn20 is virtual this year? For the fist time ever uLearn20 will be delivered online! Now it doesn't matter where you are, everyone can attend uLearn20! Pohewatia te āpōpō | Reimagine tomorrow.    7-8 October 2020  Using an exciting, contemporary...
      • Ten Trends 2020: A retrospective report
        Ten Trends 2020: A retrospective report
        With Ten Trends 2020 released on Friday, we can’t go past this retrospective look at trends from the last 15 years (and the impact they’ve had on education in Aotearoa). Download the document and explore the trends behind the technology, structural, cultural, economic and process...
      • edSpace live event: Cultivating Social Connection online
        edSpace live event: Cultivating Social Connection online
        Nothing can replace the physical connection that we all need in the form of face to face. So what can we do in the meantime to cultivate the connection they need and we need? By turning up the volume online on the ways we can possibly socially connect. If you are interested in knowing more, why...
      Event calendar