Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Viv Hall
    Approaches & Ideas that are working in schools.
    6 September
    Public discussion Created by Viv Hall

SpellingIMG_6710 2.jpg  

As I work in schools introducing the new content in the Digital Technologies curriculum I find an array of super ideas that integrate nicely into the classroom programme.  What works for you or what have you observed? I'll upload some examples as I uncover them and hope that you can as well.

Students, teaching the Bots to spell their spelling list words.  They first had to plan out the moves, test and programme.

Reactions were " This is far more interesting than trying to learn them by myself", " I've taught my Bot to spell my Mum's favourite word"  ...... ( Oops I thought) "It's cafe .... her favourite place". 

In my capacity with the CLA we have done a few intro to DT&HM sessions. I usually start with this activity. It's a quick design thinking sprint. It works well to break the ice, get people talking, and to remind people about the design thinking methodology that underpins the Technology curriculum. All you need is sufficient pipe cleaners wink

- By Philippa
      • Philippa
        By Philippa
        Oct 2

In my capacity with the CLA we have done a few intro to DT&HM sessions. I usually start with this activity. It's a quick design thinking sprint. It works well to break the ice, get people talking, and to remind people about the design thinking methodology that underpins the Technology curriculum. All you need is sufficient pipe cleaners wink

• Tessa Gray
          By Tessa Gray
          Sep 26

Loving the pictures and the spelling exercise, thanks for sharing Viv - nice links to literacy. As more and more schools unpack what the achievement objectives and progress outcomes for the new digital curriculum content areas are, it will become increasingly useful to share examples and resources like these.

We've started to pull some ideas together for Enabling e-Learning, where you're invited to share tools, resources, ideas and contexts for teaching Progress outcomes 1 for both Computational thinking and Designing and developing digital outcomes in two shared Google docs. What do you think? Useful, got more to add?

• Jacky Young
            By Jacky Young
            Sep 10

How about making Binary Bracelets

Latest news
          • Announcing: uLearn18 prize winners
            Announcing: uLearn18 prize winners
            Thank you to all those who visited the exhibition hall during uLearn18! There were lots of great prizes up for grabs. Congratulations to the following people who were among the winners:   Beagle Innovations Prize: $200 Mt Difficulty wine voucher Winner: Michelle...
          • uLearn18 is underway!
            uLearn18 is underway!
            Welcome to uLearn18, the wait is over! You'll find a rich collection of what's happening trending in Twitter, but if you want to chat more in-depth, exchange resources, ask questions, share ideas - feel free to start a discussion in the uLearn discussion group with your fellow...
          • STEAMing hot… Breakout 4 - 11.15am - 12.45pm Thursday 11th October
            STEAMing hot… Breakout 4 - 11.15am - 12.45pm Thursday 11th October
            Are you ready to indulge in a STEAMing hot conversation? Then this is the place for you. This is a Live Streamed Connected Educator Conversation. Five presenters share their experiences around how they are raising the capability of learners, connecting with authentic audiences, and making a...
          Event calendar